When you want to create a website, there are two major things you need to secure before you can move further: 1) a Domain Name and 2) a Web Hosting service.
Websites are built using many types of files and programming codes that are inserted into pages along with images, databases, scripts, and more. After your website is finished, it needs to be accessible for everyone to see it. This is where Web Hosting comes in.
The way you can see those files is because they are stored – or hosted – on what we call a web server. When people want to view your website, all they need to do is enter your domain into their browser. Then, the computer will connect to your server to display the requested website pages.
So basically, the Domain Name is what the website is called, while Web Hosting is the one responsible for the storage and display of the website.
Choosing Your Web Hosting
Choosing the right Web Hosting requires careful and wise selection process so it can help you fast track your business’ success. So, knowing what makes for a good Web Hosting service really matters. Check out the list below to see the things you need to consider before you purchase one.
- Memory Capacity. It is important that you make sure that your hosting has enough memory to hold all of the files that make up your site. That includes things like email, pictures, videos – all of those have to be stored on your Web Hosting, or else your site visitors won’t be able to access them. For a small site or a personal blog, you won’t need that much storage. But if you want a full-blown business website, that would deman much more space. Luckily, here at Aust Domains you can start off small and just upgrade your plan to meet your needs.
- Reliability. Of course, you need to make sure that your hosting is reliable enough. It has to deliver files as fast as possible at any time. Because of this, here at Aust Domains we have a 99% uptime guarantee offer for all our customers. This means that your hosting is assured to have an impeccable performance in handling requests from your site visitors.
- Security. This is a no-brainer – there are lots of different ways where cyber attacks can break into unsecured sites to steal data, vandalise the site, or put viruses to your content. Here at Aust Domains, security is our watchword. We also offer increased Site Protection for those who like extra assurance.
- Speed. Your hosting has to be fast. Nobody likes to sit and stare at an empty browser while they wait for a site to load. Our ultra fast cloud network makes sure that this doesn’t happen.
- 24/7 support. Lastly, your hosting provider (that’s us!) should always be there for you. Our support team is available round the clock to make sure that if you ever have a problem, it gets solved right away. You have better things to do than try to deal with some technical problem when there are qualified professionals who are happy to do it for you.
Now that you’re ready to get started with your very own site, simply click Hosting at the top of the page and we’ll help you get started instantly. You'll be able to choose the plan that's right for you - don't worry, you can upgrade it whenever you want to.
Do you have a question? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.