Cybercriminals (like spammers and phishers) like to hide behind other people's Domain Names via Email Spoofing - forging an email header to make it look like it's coming from you and not them. When your Domain is SPF-protected, the system automatically conducts an email authentication protocol each time your Domain is used for sending emails. When an unauthorised mail server or IP address uses your Domain, it fails SPF authentication and will not deliver the emails.
The SPF, or Sender Policy Framework, is a system that allows you to specify mail servers and IP addresses that are authorised to send mail using your Domain(s). It's the most basic requirement that mail servers user for preliminary spam checking. But, how exactly does it work?
To protect your Domain, you can manually add our SPF Record as a TXT Record. Refer to the data below:
||v=spf1 +a +mx include:_spf.syrahost.com ~all
To check and update your SPF/TXT Record, follow the instructions that apply to you:
- If via Account Manager, follow this guide.
- If via Hosting Manager (cPanel or Plesk), follow this guide.
- If via Exchange Manager, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Exchange Manager.
- Under System, click on the Domains icon.
- Select the Domain Name you wish to manage.
- Click the Edit DNS Zone Records button. Your TXT and other records should appear here.
- Click the Pencil Icon corresponding to your TXT Record, enter the correct data, and click Save.
Or, if there is no TXT Record, click Add Record, select TXT from the drop-down list under Record Type, enter the correct data, and click Save.
Note: The SPF Record can also be automatically enabled via Hosting Manager - cPanel (not Plesk) using these steps:
- Log in to your Hosting Manager.
- Under Email, click Authentication.
- Scroll down to the SPF section and click Enable. This will automatically add your SPF record.
Congratulations! You've just protected your Domain from spammers.
IMPORTANT: All Name Server and other DNS Record updates are automatically added but will take up to 24 hours to propagate across the network. Please wait for this period to complete. If after propagation period your emails still do not work properly, please contact our 24/7 support.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.