A subdomain is simply an extension of a registered domain name. To create a subdomain in your Plesk control panel, follow the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down list.
- Enter your hosting username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Add Subdomain button at the top of the page.
- On the Subdomain name field, enter the name you want to give your subdomain.
- On the field beside it, your primary domain is set by default. Click on it if you would like to select and connect your subdomain to a different domain name.
- Under Hosting Settings, the Document root is automatically created by the system. You can specify a different path or you can leave it as is.
- Click OK.
If creation is successful, you will be routed back to the Websites & Domains page with the following notification at the top:
√Information: The subdomain was created.
- You can scroll down to find your new subdomain and its management options.
A subdomain folder will also be automatically created in your database. To check, go to your Plesk panel’s File Manager, open the Home directory folder, and look for the folder that is named after your subdomain, e.g. subdomain.mydomain.com.
Congratulations! You have now created a subdomain in Plesk.
Useful tip: Many businesses use subdomains to establish branding. It helps them focus on separate product lines because a subdomain creates a separate URL, and thus, sets up its own web presence.
Additionally, you can create email accounts using your subdomain extension. For example, with the subdomain blog.mydomain.com you can create email addresses such as:
If you need any assistance creating subdomains, please contact our 24/7 technical support.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.