An SRV Record (Service Record) is a resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) that indicates the location of a service using a specific destination port number and hostname. Using the SRV Record, we can move services such as VOIP or IM, from host to host easily.
To create a SRV Record for your domain name you will need Premium DNS, which is a DNS cloud hosting service fully loaded with DNS hosting management tools.
Note: For UK users, SRV Records and all other Premium DNS features are granted for every domain registration without the need to upgrade, as per Registry policies.
Creating SRV Records
You can create SRV Records easily, within your Account Manager, by following these steps:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
If you only have one domain, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section, click the Hamburger Menu on the right and select Add Record.
- Select SRV Record from the drop-down menu, then click the Add button.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, then set the following in their corresponding fields:
- Priority number - the lower the number, the higher the priority
- Weight number of the target host - the higher the number, the higher the weight
- Port of the service
- Target - the domain name of the target host
- Click Update.
Congratulations! You just updated your SRV Records.
Note: SRV Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the internet. If you have created your SRV Records and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation period to finish. Otherwise, contact us for assistance.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.