An A Record (Address Record) points a domain or subdomain to an IP Address. It is the most basic type of DNS Record, and one of the primary records used in DNS Servers.
To create an A Record for your domain name, you will need to change the DNS Settings which can be found under each domain name within your Account Manager.
Creating A Records
You can create an A Record easily by doing the following steps:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
If you only have one domain, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section, click the Hamburger Menu on the right and select Add Record.
- Select A Record from the drop-down menu, then click the Add button.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, followed by the A Record IP Address in the corresponding fields.
- Click Update.
Congratulations! You just created an A Record for your domain name.
Note: A Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the internet. If you have created your A Record and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation period to finish. Otherwise, contact us for assistance.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.